Thursday, April 19, 2007

Breaking Tasting News: 10 French winemakers at Finewine.com in Gaithersburg!

Seems like a bit of last-minute notice, but I just received an email from FineWine.com (both the name of the stores and the website) mentioning their exciting double tasting they're having this weekend! FineWine.com has two stores, one in Gaithersburg, MD and one in McLean, VA. One Saturday, the Gaithersburg store will be hosting a free French wine tasting event, with 10 French winemakers at the store pouring 20 wines from Bordeaux, Loire, Burgundy, Rhone Valley, Cahors, Madiran and Alsace! Cool! Then on Sunday in their McLean store they will be featuring 5 Spanish winemakers with an assortment of Spanish wines.

FineWine.com is one of but a few exceptions to the general rule that it is impossible to find good wine (at non-inflated prices) within Montgomery County. That said, I have only visited their store twice in the past (to pick up Beaujolais Nouveau on the third Thursday in November! More on this fun wine world tradition next fall...). Thus I don't want to be too enthusiastic in my recommendation of this event, but needless to say I have high hopes. I plan to attend the French wine tasting at the Gaithersburg store, so I'll report back on how it goes!

No comments: